Slowinski National Park
Here is the heart of the Park. The Park complex includes Łebsko lake (71,4 km2), Gardno lake (24,5 km2), Dołgie Great (156 ha) and Dołgie Small (6,3 ha), flows through the park and the river Leba and Łupawa
The park is famous for its shifting sand dunes.
Slowinski National Park Attractions
The park with wide sand dunes is ideal for walking and cycling (eg specialized nature trails: the Kluckim Forest and Circuit Protective Zarnowska).
Our camp is a perfect place as a start point for visiting a lot of interesting places in neighborhood like:
- Czołpino Lighthouse, located about 1.5 km from our camp;
- Old slowinski village museum located in Kluki about 4 km from our camp;
- Holy Kashubian Mountain – Rowokół, with tower with a beautiful view of the waterfront and the
- Kashubian countryside, 5 km from our camp;
- The lake Dolgie Male and lake Dolgie Large – located about 3-4 km from our camp;
- Lakes Gardno and Lebsko located about 7-8 km from our camp;
- Beach and moving dunes located about 2-3 km from our camp.
The dunes around Łeba are a substitute for a desert in Poland. The highest hill is Góra Łącka, 42.5 m above sea level. Polish dunes travel at different speeds, on average 3.5-10 m per year. The speed at which dunes travel depends on their location and the strength of the wind. Interestingly, the dunes become “more mobile” in autumn and winter, because the low temperature increases the intensity of aeolian processes (wind activity affecting the lay of the land).